At JohnnyWalker.Co everything we do is values based. All of our training from Integrity Selling®, Integrity Service® to Integrity Coaching® all have a very important values dimension in the congruence model. We have even developed out executive coaching model with Foundational Core Values™ at it’s center?
Why? Because now more than ever values matter!
I am not referring to a political agenda, but your own personal Foundational Core Values™. They matter because they matter to you! You may not think about them, but they are in the background attempting to guide you and effecting your decisions. Don’t believe me? Let me give you an example:
– If person A violates your Foundational Core Values™ against person B, it bothers you. You will think negatively about person A, you might tell someone about the event and how it bothered you, you might even step up and stand in the gap for person B.
– If person A violates your Foundational Core Values™ against you, you become angry. You are probably hurt to begin with, but the emotion most people show at this point is anger. You might push back verbally or physically. You might tell on them, or you might say nothing and suppress it- causing feelings of low self esteem to emerge.
– If you violate your own Foundational Core Values™, you are now on the path toward anxiety, emptiness, confusion, self loathing, depression and more. The worst violation a person can ever do is against themselves.
The real problem? The vast majority of people can’t name their top 3-5 Foundational Core Values™, which means they are at great risk of violating them, and themselves.
While they remain in your subconscious and only slip out during the violation stage, other things such as false beliefs and feelings are ruling your daily decisions. You only become aware of your values when you are violating them. It’s a terrible cycle; no wonder we live in a country of depressed and medicated people.
The answer is:
1. Identify your Foundational Core Values™
2. Commit to yourself not to violate them
3. Filter all of your daily decisions through them. If the opportunity in front of you violates just one, the answer is NO!
If you don’t know your Foundational Core Values™ go to http://www.JohnnyWalker.Co and visit our contact page. Fill out the information and request a copy of our Foundational Core Values™ Assessment. If you reference this blog, you will receive it for FREE!
Until we start following our Foundational Core Values™ on a daily basis, all the training, reading and talking in the world won’t work long term.