Recently, someone close to me was upset about what was going on around her. I sent her a text with some tips on how to turn her frustrating day into an enjoyable one, and I thought I’d share them with you.
1. Don’t believe the lie that the outcomes have to be what you want in order for you to enjoy your day.
2. Don’t try to find people to agree with your disappointment; it just keeps you there longer.
3. Let others do what they want without your judgement (that only causes you stress)
4. When plan A doesn’t work, don’t waste time complaining; look for a plan B (or C or D)
5. Realize that your enjoyment in life comes from “how” YOU respond to all circumstances in life, NOT from the circumstances themselves.
I don’t want you to waste years of your life like I did trying to control outcomes and being angry when they didn’t turn out like they were “supposed to.”
I can’t control that; that is entirely up to you. I hope you choose to have an amazing day!